Get your writing caps on for a unique opportunity to bring the lore and legend of Season V: Legacy of Fire to life! Between now and September 25, we want you to create a description for one of three fiefs located in the new Anadolou region. If we choose your description, your text will be featured in-game and you’ll also receive a tidy 6,000 Sovereigns. Ready for details?
Writing Contest: King of Fiefs
King John has sent his Empyrean soldiers across the sea with the Symmachean Brotherhood to reclaim lost lands in the name of the Kingdom of Empyros! However, the history of the fiefs now under Empyrean control is a mystery to their new masters. We want you to help the expansion of the Kingdom of Empyros by choosing one of the following three fiefs, and writing a fief description of no more than 680 characters:
- Marcerota: A town located at the river mouth in north-west Anadolou.
- Scythios: Situated on the western bay of Anadolou, this town has a beautiful sea view.
- Jadoli: This town is located in a peninsula that bleeds into the mountains of northern Anadolou.
When you’re ready, you can submit your entry via the official Conqueror’s Blade Discord.
- Winner 1: 6,000 Sovereigns
- Winner 2: 6,000 Sovereigns
- Winner 3: 6,000 Sovereigns
The Conqueror’s Blade localisation team has prepared this example to help inspire and light your creative fires:
Reginopolis, ‘the queen of cities’, is the capital of the Kingdom of Empyros. This city holds sway over the entire Sea of Tranquility, and boasts defensive walls unequalled anywhere. Reginopolis sits at the crossroads of the world, reaping much wealth from the merchant ships and caravans that visit all year round. While it has been besieged many times, Reginopolis has always picked itself back up to regain its place as the most wondrous of all cities. It is a treasury of learning and culture, being the place where the terrifying ‘hellfire’ was first invented, an innovation that has kept envious invaders and would-be usurpers at bay.
- Eligible participants must submit a short piece of text with a maximum length of 680 characters, including spaces and punctuation. Submissions over 680 characters in length will not be considered.
- The text must provide history, lore, or noteworthy details about one of three locations (fiefs) soon to be added to the new Anadolou region in Conqueror's Blade.
- Three winning entries will be chosen after the competition ends on September 25 at 12:00 CEST. All judges' decisions are final.
- Participants' entries must be their own, and not copied or plagiarised in any way.
- MY.GAMES reserves the right to edit winning entries for any reason, including but not limited to length, spelling, grammar, tone, and compatibility with existing in-game lore.
- By entering the King of Fiefs Writing Contest, applicants agree to the use of their text by MY.GAMES and Booming Games in Conqueror’s Blade and on related platforms (including the official Conqueror’s Blade website and social channels).
- We can only accept entries written in one of MY.GAMES’ supported languages (English, French, German, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish). Native speakers will review all entries, MY.GAMES will translate the winning entries for all MY.GAMES localisations.
- Winners will be announced soon after the launch of Season V: Legacy of Fire. Prizes will be distributed around this time.
- Each participant may submit up to a total of three pieces of lore. However, each must be for a different fief, and only one submission per participant will be eligible for a prize.