These benevolent martial artists are poised to fight for you as the first Seasonal Unit available in Season VIII: Dynasty. Available to unlock now via Unit Challenges, the Cudgel Monks are a highly effective defensive unit, delivering swift attacks with their staves, and powerful flying kicks to break ranks. What they lack in armour, they make up for in tight formations, movement-reducing attacks, and spiritual resolve.
The Cudgel Monks are unlocked via Seasonal Unit Challenges, and they enjoy a Seasonal Bonus in the form of Leadership requirements decreased by 10 and resupply costs reduced by 50% for the duration of Season VIII.
Unit Challenges have been improved and will have their stage completion requirements unified. You now only need to complete some of the challenges of each stage (e.g., 6 out of 8, or 8 out of 10 depending on how many Stars a unit has), removing the requirement of completing all challenges. Read more about all the Unit Challenge improvements here.
Unlocking the Cudgel Monks will also unlock the Restless Mind quest (which you can accept by talking to the Watchman). Completion of this quest will reward you with an exclusive doctrine.
The Cudgel Monks are a monastic order of spiritual warriors who detest war yet fight when they must, and while their greatest quality is their defence, their attack can be punishing when ordered.
When preparing to launch into a fully-flung attack, Cudgel Monks can be ordered to form a narrow Column, charge towards their enemies, and use the Six-Way Staff Order to increase their speed and unleash a stave attack.
Just the facts: Cudgel Monks (3-Star)
- Dispersed - The unit spreads out a little to lessen the damage from ranged attacks.
- Column - A narrow formation effective for charging.
- Schiltron - The unit forms a circle for all-around defence. Vulnerable to artillery.
- Swamp - Increases damage against cavalry by 16%, and reduces an attacked cavalry unit's movement speed by 60% for 2 seconds.
- Six-Way Staff - Upon activation, the unit performs a powerful attack. If it hits the enemy, the unit recovers 500 health.
- Suppression of Evil - Each attack increases the unit's own movement speed by 6%, reduces enemy movement speed by 6% and their defence by 10%. This effect can be stacked up to 5 times.
- Qian Dynasty - Leadership cost reduced by 15 during Season VIII.
- Six-Way Staff - Increases monks' pace as they charge towards enemies at high speed, blocking enemy arrows during the charge. The Cudgel Monks then unleash a stave attack with an extra block-breaking effect. Hitting an enemy also recovers some health.
- Windmill Strike - Monks quickly swing their staves for 10 seconds, dealing continuous damage to the enemy, and restoring 500 health.
The Cudgel Monks are available to unlock via Unit Challenges now!
NOTE: The above information is correct as of the time of publication. Please check in-game for the most up-to-date Unit information.