UPDATE (18/04/19): Best Bits has been off the air for a couple of weeks, but now that the servers are fired up again, we thought we’d carry on from where we left off - which is you sending us your best gameplay clips and us rewarding the best of them with pre-order packs (a Conqueror’s Pack for the best Best Bit and Adventurer’s Packs for the other featured entries).
Rules of entry are below and have been updated. Essentially we’d like to see a more uniform quality standard between videos, which will allow us to create compilations that are more consistent. It means we’ll be less accepting of low quality captured stream footage from now on - but it will ensure your Best Bits look even better!
ORIGINAL STORY (10/02/19): Seeing as we’re almost at the stage where the Conqueror’s Blade servers will be up and running more often than not, we’ve decided to start a weekly competition where you send us your finest cuts of in-game action and we reward the best of them with pre-order packs!
Yours can be a clip of an improbable string of kills against superior opposition, a moment of supreme battlefield farce (someone inadvertently falling to their death never fails to amuse), or may even highlight a rather unfortunate bug - although if it makes the devs look bad the footage might “accidentally” go missing during the judging process.
To enter simply include the hashtag #ConquerorsBladeBits when you post your video online, and be sure to link to it in our Discord channel just in case we miss it during our daily video searches. A bit of text with the video for context might also smooth your path to stardom.
As well issuing prizes, we’ll be chopping up the best clips every week (a new week will start every Sunday midnight CET) and sharing them among the community to ensure your status as a Conqueror's Blade comedy / combat legend is assured.
Oh yes, and if you didn’t know already, ALT-F5 is the default command for recording video. You can access captured footage quickly and easily from the menu bar in the Game Center.
- Use your own material, obviously.
- Keep to the original frame rate.
- Only Mp4 / h.264 formats with a bitrate of 15-30 MBps will be accepted.
- Keep it brief! Provide a timestamp to your best bit if linking to a long video (>1m).
- Regardless of where your video is hosted, please use the hashtag #ConquerorsBladeBits.
- Link your in-game action to our Discord channel so we don’t miss it. Include your server (NA/EU) and character name.
- No copyright or custom music (voiceovers are ok though).
- Don’t use custom overlays (unless its stream footage with face reactions)
- Don’t use material from trailers - we want your gameplay!
- No links to footage that isn’t yours, obviously.
- Don't miss the deadline - post links before midnight CET on a Sunday to be judged among that week’s entries.
Note: During test phase season we may extend competition deadlines without notice, to allow for more entries.