The symphony of war calls out to the eastern lands, across the mountains and deep within the forests, and beckons a ferocious new band of warriors! Download the Rattan Resistance Update today, a free content update that invites five new units from the Rattan Army to the battlefield, alongside a raft of new PvE events.
5 New Units: Unlock the Might of the Rattan Army
The Rattan units hail from a region shrouded in dense woodlands, and they employ these natural defenses to craft unique and durable armor. This woven wood is impenetrable to all but the most determined assailants, who may still succumb to the bite of poisoned weapons if they’re lucky to survive their initial encounter.
- Rattan Roundshields (Melee Infantry Units): The main rank-and-file melee infantry of the Rattan Army, named after their woven bucklers. Wielding a Shortsword and Shield, they can move quickly and charge into combat.
- Rattan Pikemen (Melee Infantry Units): The heavy assault infantry of the Rattan Army. Unlike pike infantry from other lands, Rattan Pikemen are an exclusively aggressive unit, using poisoned weapons to make up for their comparative lack of specialised tactics.
- Rattan Vipers (Ranged Infantry Units): These archers are armed with common recurve bows often used by militiamen, but employ the use of poisoned arrowheads, ensuring any enemies who do not die outright from their wounds suffer for a long time afterwards.
- Rattan Marksmen (Ranged Infantry Units): These crossbowmen are best used defensively in urban combat against lightly-armoured opponents. What their repeating crossbow lacks in range and clout, it makes up for in its great rate of fire.
- Rattan Rangers (Ranged Cavalry): The Ranger Corps of the Rattan Army is both its reconnaissance element and its mounted combat force. Each trooper carries a repeating pistol-crossbow for short-ranged fire against lightly-armoured enemies, and a razor-sharp sabre which can cut through plate armour and flesh alike.
Go to the Unit Tree in-game and use Honour to recruit the new Rattan units to your army. For more information on the Rattan line, check out the dedicated article.
3 New Limited-Time PvE Events: Repel the Scourge of the Sea Raiders
As the war machine turns, it doesn’t just invite the rise of heroes. Villains too heed the call of war, and now the fortress at White Elk is at the mercy of the Sea Raiders! These scurvy sea dogs stalk the oceans, plundering and pillaging wherever their dreaded black flags drop anchor.
Let the Sea Raiders feel the sting of your blade and the weight of your iron-clad sabatons as you drive these marauders back into the ocean! Three new events will be available on a weekly basis, tasking you to defend a town, hold the line against waves of Sea Raiders, and save White Elk Fort from capture and ruin.
The Rattan Resistance Update is now available to download for Conqueror’s Blade through the Game Center and Steam. For more details about this update, check out the update patch notes.