Retiarii (5-Star Unit) are the uncontested champs of the Colosseum, deftly using tridents and throwing spears to strike fear into any enemy who dares cross their path. Unlock these former Empyrean army soldiers in Conqueror’s Blade: Colosseum via new Unit Challenges, and see their savagery in combat for yourself.
Exclusive Retiarii Unit Attire
To celebrate the arrival of the Retiarii, you can don your fearsome fighters in the exclusive Hoplomachi Attire. Available to purchase in-game and from MY.GAMES Market (via the MGLauncher) until October 20 (08:00 server time), this item will never be sold again, so grab it while you can!
The armour’s inspiration comes from the Hoplomachi, armoured gladiators with a signature style. Their distinctive helmets are adorned with two feathers on either side and their armour is dyed with a new hue, making them instantly recognisable in the Colosseum.
How to unlock the Retiarii
The Retiarii can be unlocked by completing Seasonal Unit Challenges and come with a Seasonal Bonus in the form of Leadership requirements decreased by 10 points for the duration of Colosseum.
Retiarii are a highly mobile light infantry squad, fighting not only for the amusement of the public but for the fame and glory of victory. Armed with javelins and tridents, they use both to their advantage to execute long and short-range attacks.
The Retiarii are bulky warriors, boasting high health stats and strength, ideal for making their mark in the arena as champions. Their dual weaponry can be utilised for fast, brutal strikes, and organised, calculated attacks.
While the Retiarii are certainly a force to be reckoned with, they offer no blunt damage or blunt armour penetration with their tridents or javelins. Their Mark of Death is their greatest asset—-but they have to hit the enemy first. Failing to do so will mean no extra damage infliction or reduced damage taken.
Just The Facts: Retiarii (5-Star)
- Dispersed: The Retiarii spread out to lessen damage from ranged attacks.
- Block: A block formation made up of staggered lines, ideal for throwing javelins.
- Bread & Circuses: Leadership cost is reduced by 10 points during the Colosseum Season.
- Long Shot: The Retiarii can throw heavy javelins in a straight line that penetrates multiple enemies and greatly reduce their Block.
- Mark of Death: Attacks from this Unit can give the enemy the Mark of Death. An enemy so marked inflicts less damage. When using a skill to attack foes with the Mark, it is removed and damage deal is based on a percentage of the enemy;’s health.
- Trident Charge: The Retiarii charge at the nearest enemy with their tridents and unleash a brutal strike, while also reducing their damage taken by 10% while the skill is active. Extra damage is dealt if the target has a Mark of Death. If the target has not yet been marked, it will be applied.
- Spearfishing: The gladiators use their trident to unleash three attacks, where the final strike will send the enemy flying. Damage taken is reduced by 15%, and extra damage is dealt if the target has a Mark of Death. If the target has not yet been marked, it will be applied.
- Doom Throw: The unit throw their javelins as directed, inflicting enemies hit with a Mark of Death.
The Retiarii are available to unlock via Unit Challenges now.
NOTE: The above information is correct as of the time of publication. Please check in-game for the most up-to-date Unit information.