While hunting may be a peacetime pursuit in the Highlands, the Houndsmen must prepare to battle on behalf of their clans in Season X: Highlanders. Along with their faithful canines, they possess archery prowess, and there is no battle they won’t dive headfirst into with man’s best friend at their side.
Exclusive Houndsmen Attire
To commemorate the Houndsmen’s release, you can pick up the Roving Huntsmen Unit Attire until January 24 (23:59 server time/23:59 CET) in-game or via MY.GAMES Market. It’s exclusive, so it will help your Houndsmen to really stand out in the crowd!
Suitable for the harsh climate of the Highlands, Houndsmen don this apparel to survive the bad weather of their hunting trips. With determination and a bit of luck, the hunters and their hounds will return to the clans with a kill fit for their laird's table.
The Houndsmen can be unlocked by completing Seasonal Unit Challenges. They also enjoy a Seasonal Bonus in the form of Leadership requirements decreased by 10 points for the duration of Season X.
The Houndsmen are keen archers and use their dogs to help in their hunting expeditions. Their arrows can slow enemies or inflict heavy bleeding, and their hounds are there to ensure those injuries become fatal. The hounds are loyal to the end and will continue to clash with foes after their master has perished.
Just the facts: Houndsmen (5-Star)
- Dispersed: A loose formation that reduces unit vulnerability to ranged weapons.
- Stand Ground: The unit spread out slightly with their hounds to the front. Suitable for ranged attacks.
- Trained Hunters: Enemies hit with arrows from the hunters will suffer bleeding for two seconds.
- Loyal Hound: Hounds will attack any foe that attacks this unit, reducing enemy attacks and movement speed.
- Man’s Best Friend: Hounds have 4,800 Health, a sprint speed of 9,300, and 300 for all defence attributes. A hound and its master have a deep affinity for one another. When a hound attacks an enemy that a Houndsmen skill has already hit, the effect is strengthened. When all the Houndsmen are killed, the hounds will continue to surround and attack enemies for 5 seconds before dying.
- Highlanders: For the duration of Season X, this unit’s Leadership cost is reduced by 10 points.
- Hunting Stance: For their next attack, the hunters will fire three arrows at the enemy in rapid succession, which can be used to trigger Trained Hunters. If hounds attack a bleeding enemy, the effect will be increased.
- Hobbling Shots: The unit fires arrows that inflict a Slow effect in the designated area. If hounds attack a slowed enemy, the Slow effect will be increased.
- Get ‘em!: Hounds charge in the designated direction and gnash enemies along the way. After using this, you can use the ‘Heel!’ skill to return them to their unit.
Houndsmen are now available to unlock via Unit Challenges.
NOTE: The above information is correct as of the time of publication. Please check in-game for the most up-to-date Unit information.