“Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilised into time and tune.” - Thomas Fuller
These Northern troubadours make up for their lack of combat skills with morale-boosting bard mechanics, marching into battle alongside the troops of the Highlands, playing their bagpipes of war to instil fighting spirit into the soldiers.
The first Unit of their kind to enter Conqueror’s Blade, the Bagpipers stand strong in the face of the enemy and play their inspirational pipes throughout the campaign for freedom in Season X: Highlanders.
The Bagpipers can be unlocked and recruited to your cause via Seasonal Unit Challenges, and they enjoy a Seasonal Bonus in the form of Leadership requirements decreased by 10 for the duration of Season X.
Their exclusive Doctrines reduce damage taken while playing their instruments in the heat of battle and enhance their area-of-effect.
Though the Bagpipers do not charge into battle with a typical weapon, their chosen musical instruments of war can turn the tide of a conflict with ease.
Able to boost damage and defence stats of their surrounding allies with their skill-boosting melodies, this musical troop provide a much-needed (and brand new) Unit mechanic to bring into the fray.
Their Veterancy bonuses form a single chain dedicated to reinforcing them (as they cannot attack or defend themselves like other Units), with the choice between more range added to their area-of-effect or providing a stronger bonus for allies.
Just the facts: Bagpipers (3-Star)
- Line: The band forms a single rank.
- Dispersed: Ideal for a performance, the Unit disperses..
- Noncombatants: The Unit cannot attack or defend itself.
- Concentration: Playing a song for more than 10 seconds increases its buff effect.
- Highlanders: Leadership cost reduced by 10 during Season X.
- Encumbered: The Bagpipers’ movement speed is halved when playing.
- Hearts of Bravery: When ordered to begin this rousing tune, the Bagpipers increase damage dealt by allies in their surrounding area.
- Unbending Spirit: On command, the bard troop will begin playing a tune that boosts the defensive points of their kinsmen.
- Segue: The Unit starts to play a variation on the song they were playing, which adds a new temporary boost for 6 seconds on top of the previous boost.
The Bagpipers Unit is available to unlock via Unit Challenges now!
NOTE: The above information is correct as of the time of publication. Please check in-game for the most up-to-date Unit information.