Welcome to the first of many articles that will be detailing the updates made to Conqueror’s Blade during what will be a long and successful reign! As this the first one, we have a lot to get through.
Territories / locations
- Two new territories added to the game
- New resource points and settlements added. Previous ones redistributed
- Many location changes: castles and cities look less generic, are more detailed and have more NPCs
- Special new settlements that cannot be captured
- Rare NPC traders spawn there from time to time and sell rare materials for unit crafting
- Each territory can have a single Black Market and they have unique look on the world map
- 47 units rearranged across three research trees
- All unit upgrades that were previously in the personal camp are now added to unit trees
- All unit types now have their unique talent trees
Rebel / bandit camps
- New PVE instances added on the world map
- Groups of up to 5 warlords can play instanced battles to earn special rewards
- Range of difficulties
- New hero skill trees
- Houses and Alliances
- Tax management
- Upgrade menu (for getting more members and conquering more advanced settlements)
- In-game shop added to the game
- Items available to view only
Login and event calendar
- Allows players to participate in daily and weekly missions
- Login bonuses
- Custom events
- Allows you to make gear look like other previously obtained gear
- Allows you to test different classes
Resources and crafting
- Basic and processed resources can no longer be acquired with Bronze Coins from NPC merchants.
- Resource costs for unit equipment crafting have been reduced, as have the silver costs for resource processing.
- Treasure resource type added. This rare resource can be found at resource locations and sold for silver at NPC merchants.
Match-making (now divided into 3 modes - all with Silver drop increase)
- Practise: minor equipment wear and tear, units don’t require healing after a battle.
- PvP mode: Unit injury and death rate are the same as open-world, huge Honor point reward.
- Kingdom missions: Unit injure and death rate are the same as open-world, 100% Silver reward increase, daily limitation now weekly - only first 10 weekly battles are rewarded.
- Optimized the difficulties of level 10-30, 30-60, and above 60 PvE levels
Unit research and recruitment
- Tier 4, Tier 5 and Tier 6 units can now be recruited with Bronze Coins (previously Honor points)
- Increased Honor point cost for unit unlocking, which is offset by a decrease in unit build/recruit costs
- Removed Warlord requirements for unit unlock.
- Numerous unit unlock/research tree optimisations and changes.
- Progression added for Tier 5 and Tier 6 units
- Stealth balance adjustments have been made (Dual Blade).
- Horse sprint speed and sprint stamina costs have been increased (also, horsetail appearance optimised).
- Overall artillery and siege engine damage rebalanced in line with other battle adjustments.
- Added red markers to enemy Warlord when within 20 meters of the player.
- Improved the appearance of units when hit.
- Improved supply point interface (when switching units and Warlord equipment during battle).
- Added several new battle badges.
- New open-world tutorial quests and videos.
- New in-game videos for units and class skills.
- Added hint/guide images for when unlocking a new era (tier) of unit.
- Weapon class tutorial: optimized training officer AI behaviour and weapon rack assets replaced.
- Unit tutorial: changed supply point position, optimised progression and moved enemies outside the city.
- Field Battle tutorial: Changed to two flag points and optimized the number of allied and enemy units.
- Horse tutorial: added repeat challenges and some art assets replaced.
- For those that need extra tuition, tutorials are now available in capital cities and can be repeated.
- Added unit unlock tutorial quest in capital cities.
- Tutorial rewards optimized.
- Lower unit equipment and higher Honor point rewards from fief quests.
- Added high-tier main quest for levelling up
- Military and political functions added to ‘M’ maps.
- Combined Group and Friends UI - now called Social (hotkey ‘K’).
- Updated achievement icons.
- Improved combat results screen to better highlight rewards and achievements.
- Improved UI for Territory War, item/resource Deposit and House administration screens.
- Improved building formula for self-build camps
- Optimized achievement categories.
- Improved AI behaviour and appearance of city environment NPCs
- Improved 3D map: added several functions when clicking strongholds.
- No longer able to re-supply or heal units at neutral/hostile fiefs.
If you made it this far, well done! If you require some extra pondering to go with your mass detail, maybe this guy can help...