Armed with throwing spears and a score to settle, the Outriders are the first Seasonal Unit available in Season IX: Tyranny. Available to unlock now via Unit Challenges, the Outriders speed into battle on horseback and throw incendiary javelins at their foes, then shift to melee attacks when the conflict gets too close for comfort.
The Outriders are unlocked via Seasonal Unit Challenges, and they enjoy a Seasonal Bonus in the form of Leadership requirements decreased by 10 and resupply costs reduced by 50% during Season IX.
With the Borderlands’ agricultural industries depleted, the Outriders must fight back for the sake of their precious mounts, and their land.
When fighting in the resource-poor wastelands, Outriders can plunder their enemies for their ammunition, then soak those stolen spears in naptha, causing explosive damage to whomever they hit.
Just the facts: Outriders (3-Star)
- Dispersed: The Outriders spread to lessen damage from ranged attacks.
- Crane: A two-winged formation, good for attacking enemies to the front.
- Scavengers: In an environment scarce in resources, Outriders can plunder the enemy's supplies in battle to replenish their own ammunition.
- Reckless: Outriders are not afraid of taking the battle to the enemy and will use melee attacks when close. Every 5 seconds, they unleash explosive attacks (while also becoming energised for 3 seconds), greatly increasing their speed.
- Borderlanders: Leadership costs are reduced by 10 during Season IX: Tyranny.
- Unreliable Weapons: Where there’s a pro, there's a con. The incendiary javelins Outriders use do not always work correctly, and have a chance of not exploding on impact.
- Ride Like the Wind: Upon hearing their commander’s order, Outriders charge to the current target and throw a round of explosive javelins at the enemy, then plunder their ammo.
- Burning Plains: Outriders can be ordered to ignite an explosive javelin and hurl it at an enemy, soaking them in naptha. After a few seconds, an explosion will inflict damage and reduce the opponents Block.
The Outriders are available to unlock via Unit Challenges now!
The above information is correct as of the time of publication. Please check in-game for the most up-to-date Unit information.